National Children’s Week is almost here!
National Children’s Week is a national program recognising young people’s talents, skills, achievements, and rights.
In 2021, National Children’s Week will be from 23-31 October, and your Glen Waverley dentist supports the week by emphasising the need to develop good dental hygiene habits and care early.
A commitment to a child’s oral health is a commitment to a lifetime of dental and overall health!
Tips for Parents: Care for Children
Many parents have a difficult time deciding how much dental care their children need. They know they need to prevent cavities, but they don’t always know the best way to do so.
Here are some tips and guidelines to help.
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Glen Waverley dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How EK Dental Surgery Can Help
EK Dental Surgery makes your child’s dental visits fun and exciting.
Our child-friendly dental team will cater to your child’s needs and improve their overall dental health by recommending treatments and giving at-home dental tips.
Having healthy and beautiful teeth at a young age is an excellent foundation for beautiful smiles that can last a lifetime.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Glen Waverley
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,013 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 230 Springvale Road in Glen Waverley.