While you surely have your personal resolutions, why not try adding some New Year resolutions for your teeth? Healthy teeth can lead to a better smile and overall better health.
Simple New Year’s Resolutions to Shape Up Your Smile
EK Dental Surgery encourages you to pick New Year’s resolutions that
benefit your teeth and health. Below are eight great resolutions for oral
health. Pick a few and practice them. Then let us know how you do!
- Visit your dentist regularly. Dental care can sometimes be put on a back burner – other important things arise in your life, you need to save money, sometimes you just forget. But don’t! Your regular cleaning and checkups help you to have great dental health and avoid big bills farther down the road.
- Less sugar! We’ve repeatedly heard about the connection between sweet treats and dental decay and cavities, and this connection has been repeatedly proven in tests and studies.
- Stop tobacco use. Tobacco stains your teeth and harms your gums – it’s use can lead to cancer. Discontinue cigarette smoking and smokeless tobacco to improve overall health. Consider free online programs, progress apps, and support from groups to assist with saying no.
- Brush and floss regularly. This is the easiest resolution to make and carry out, and it has some of the greatest payoff. Brush twice a day and floss at least once. Keep your dental tools easy at hand, and make sure they are replaced regularly. Good brushing and flossing technique is necessary, and you can check this with your dentist.
- Make that smile snazzy! There are many ways to improve your smile. If your teeth are looking dingy, consider in-office teeth whitening. Resolve to restore teeth that are damaged by completing recommended dental work.
Sugar provides a food source for bacteria that reproduce quickly, causing the plaque buildup that can lead to cavities. In the short term, the plaque can also lead to bad breath. Cut back on sugar by swapping healthy foods in for sugar-heavy ones.
Tooth fillings, crowns and implants can restore tooth structure and alignment. If you grind your teeth, see your dentist about solutions.
Your EK Dental Surgery dentist can help you with a variety of cosmetic and corrective procedures. Make the New Year a good one for your teeth!
Dental Health for the New Year at EK Dental Surgery
If you want to keep your smile healthy and beautiful, or improve or protect its function make an appointment at EK Dental Surgery in Glen Waverley. We offer a complete range of preventative, corrective, and cosmetic dental procedures that will help you achieve the smile of your dreams, for the New Year and beyond!
Pay No Gap for Examination, Scale and Clean, and Fluoride Treatment for Medibank and HCF members.
Book your appointment online or call us on (03) 9887 8787 today.
Our Special Offers
At EK Dental Surgery, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. To discover more, visit our special offers page today!