Invisalign can be an excellent alternative to metal braces for those who wish to straighten their teeth, regardless of their age.
Unlike conventional “train-track” braces, Invisalign has no food restrictions, less discomfort, and no unsightly metal brackets.
You can achieve straighter teeth, almost without anyone noticing, as Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
At EK Dental Surgery we have used modern orthodontic treatments such as Invisalign in a wide variety of cases. With the use of the latest technology and techniques, we can help you achieve a straighter smile and more functional bite.
To help you understand Invisalign just a bit better, we’ve put together this ultimate guide on Invisalign.
Six reasons Invisalign may be the best choice for you
- Self-confidence. Traditional braces, with their readily apparent metal installations, can lead to staring and exclusion. But, Invisalign trays are constructed from clear polyurethane and are far less noticeable than traditional braces.
- Less time at in the dental chair. Invisalign often takes less time in treatment than traditional braces. As there are no adjustments to make or wires and braces to adjust, follow-up appointments are generally scheduled for every four to six weeks and tend to be quick and easy.
- No “off-limits foods”. Wire braces can easily be damaged by foods like popcorn, apples, or corn on the cob. With Invisalign, you can eat most anything. The materials used for Invisalign aren’t easily damaged. Even better, the aligners are removable, so they can be removed if you want to eat food that might damage them.
- Sports can be challenging for people with metal braces, especially contact sports. Such sports call for mouthguards, but mouthguards are challenging to fit over traditional braces. With Invisalign, the aligners can be removed, and a custom-fitted mouthguard can be used to protect teeth, mouth, and jaw.
- Care & cleaning. The care and cleaning of metal braces is a hassle, and they make reaching teeth and gums more difficult. Invisalign trays make flossing and tooth brushing much easier. Just take the aligners out, and brush and floss as usual.
- Save money! Aligners can be quickly and inexpensively replaced and don’t require support materials such as spacers and rubber bands. Because Invisalign is less prone to damage, it lasts longer.
Beyond the social advantages that Invisalign offers, the cosmetic benefits are also excellent. From crowded, misaligned, or gapped teeth, malocclusions, overbites, and more, Invisalign can upgrade a smile and improve your daily life.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of clear aligners customised to fit perfectly over your teeth and gradually guide them into proper alignment.
Invisalign is one of the most popular orthodontic treatments for the following reasons:
Nearly invisible – Aligners can’t be seen while in place. Most people don’t even notice someone is wearing Invisalign unless they are told.
Comfortable – Invisalign aligners are smooth plastic and won’t irritate the interior of the mouth. With Invisalign, there are no sharp brackets and wires, or injuries due to broken brackets or wires.
Customisation– Aligners are personally customised to your mouth and teeth. Your dentist uses imaging technology to create a precise impression of your mouth and teeth. The aligners are manufactured and then fitted by your dentist.
Removable – Invisalign can be easily removed for eating or cleaning teeth, keeping your mouth healthy throughout the entire treatment process.
Effective – In some cases, Invisalign is not recommended. But in cases in which they are recommended and used properly, they are very effective.
The Invisalign Process
- Come and see us for a free consultation to find out if Invisalign treatment is suitable for your teeth.
- If Invisalign is appropriate, your dentist will create a 3-D model of your mouth.
- The model will be used to build a plan to move your teeth into alignment.
- The Invisalign Company will use the model and plan to manufacture a series of aligners designed individually for you.
- Aligners are worn for at least 22 hours each day.
- You will receive a new set of aligners every two weeks or so. The number of aligners that you’ll need will depend on your treatment plan.
- As you near the end of your treatment we may make some ‘tweaks’ to give you the very best results.
- Once your treatment has concluded you’ll be given fixed and removable retainers, with instructions for use.
Voila! With Invisaligners you can straighten your teeth with less hassle, self-consciousness, and expense!
Reasons To Smile At EK Dental Surgery!
EK Dental Surgery offers a wide variety of preventative and cosmetic dental procedures for children, seniors, and everyone in between!
We are a team of dedicated dentists and staff working to provide the best care possible. At EK Dental Surgery we can help you achieve tip-top dental health and a movie-star smile!
EK Dental Surgery is conveniently located on Springvale Road in Glen Waverley.
New Patients Promo
Pay No Gap for Exam, Scale and Clean, and Fluoride Treatment for Medibank, Bupa and HCF.
Call us on (03) 9887 8787 or visit us at 230 Springvale Road in Glen Waverley.