Now that the holiday season is fast approaching, it’s that time when a lot of people make New Year’s resolutions.
It is quite common that people make new resolutions such as eating better, getting more exercise and losing weight, which are all good resolutions to make!
However, have you considered your dental health as an objective for the new season? Good dental health habits not just stimulate hale and hearty teeth and a beautiful smile, but contribute to your general wellness.
Our team here at EK Dental Surgery would like to encourage parents to make oral hygiene resolutions to help keep their family smiles healthy, which is an easy resolution to keep!
Here is a list of dental health resolutions from EK Dental Surgery that could benefit your teeth.
Eating healthy good food is very vital for maintaining good dental health. Cutting down on sugary foods and taking lots of fruits, vegetables, dairy products and whole grains strengthen teeth and fight bacteria that cause gum disease. Have a change of style this year and incorporate more tooth-healthy foods into your daily diet.
Brush and floss regularly
If there is any first line of defence against oral health complications, it is brushing and flossing.
Do ensure to brush and floss as recommended, because if you don’t plaque can develop on and between teeth causing tooth decay and gum disease, which can, in turn, lead to other health issues like heart disease.
It is recommended that you brush twice and flossing once daily. If your dental hygiene practices are deficient, raise your game in the new year by brushing and flossing frequently.
Smiling is contagious, it improves tour mood and it is one of the most unique things about people. However, a lot of people are afraid to smile because of the condition of their teeth.
Irrespective of your cosmetic concern, there’s always a dental solution that will put a smile on your face and make it glow.
- Teeth whitening is a simple and inexpensive solution for tooth staining that can invigorate a dull smile.
- Dental implants and bridges can fill the gaps left by missing teeth to give you that healthy stunning smile you’ve always dreamt about before losing the tooth.
- Bonding and crowns If your teeth are chipped or broken, bonding and crowns can be used to repair the defects and reshape them to give you that sparkling smile.
- Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells designed to cover the front of your teeth to transform your smile, fixing spacing issues, alignment problems, permanently stained, poorly shaped, or slightly crooked teeth.
Check in with your dentist
When it comes to keeping and managing your dental health, your dentist knows best. Planning regular check-ups allows your dentist to stay ahead of your dental health and address any worries before they become bigger complications. Visiting your dentist at least twice a year is your best shot at keeping a clean bill of dental health.
Those teeth and gums of yours need a lot from you. You can actually do them a favour this new year by practising excellent dental health habits and smile big.
Reasons to Smile at EK Dental Surgery!
EK Dental Surgery offers a wide variety of preventative and cosmetic dental procedures for children, seniors, and everyone in between!
We are a team of dedicated dentists Glen Waverley and staff working to provide the best care possible. At EK Dental Surgery, we can help you achieve tip-top dental health and a movie-star smile!
EK Dental Surgery is conveniently located on Springvale Road in Glen Waverley.
Our Promotion Include:
- Pay No Gap for Exam, Scale and Clean, and Fluoride Treatment for Medibank, Bupa and HCF. *For new patients only
- Same day dental emergency appointment available
Call us on (03) 9887 8787 or visit us at 230 Springvale Road in Glen Waverley.